Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boy, did I get behind!

Eeek! It's been a month since my last post! It's hard to say what happened, except that life does get in the way of our plans, doesn't it?

It seemed important to post something this evening, though, so I have at least one post for the month of September. I'm afraid that if I let that go by it'll be two months or three months next time.

Have I said I've started a Master's Degree program at Syracuse University? It's for an MS in Library and Information Science. I have a definite leaning toward the Information Science part of it, but I do love the Library part of it, as well. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a way to combine the two. It's an online program, so I'm able to take classes from right here in New Hampshire. The time flexibility with online classes makes it a bit easier to work around family and home and work and all the other thousand and one responsibilities that fill our lives. There are a lot of on-campus activities that distance students miss out on, but there are still lots of things we can be involved with.


I went to the Syracuse campus in July for an eight day residency to start the program. I've taken a number of online classes before but the residency was a new aspect. I'm glad I chose a program with a residency though, because having a chance to meet my future classmates face-to-face gives a whole new aspect to the courses. It was also a treat to be able to focus just on schoolwork. It's been a long, long time since I've been able to do that.

Well, there's a little bit for September and maybe a bit of momentum to keep me going through October...

No comments: